Saturday, April 27, 2013

Apps that have me loving my Android phone.

Before I start telling you about how much
I love having a Android and why.
I first want to come clean about something.
Having a phone with all these fancy things 
never appealed to me.
I mean a phone is suppose to make 
calls and send texts.
My husband got his My Touch 
over a year ago.
He was so attached to his phone 
I didn't get it.
I was perfectly fine with my crappy
old school celli.
Hubbys contract was up so
we went in to renew his contract.
And also get him a new phone since
the touch screen on his My Touch went out.
Poor guy went from having a super
phone to not having one.
The new package was unlimited everything
for a lower price than what we were
paying for a limited amount of 
minutes and text.
It was a no brainer.
Unlimited it was!
In doing so it meant that I was going to 
get a fancy phone for the first time in my life.
The more I thought about it I started to get excited.

I fell in love with it within a hour of having it.
Both my laptops are on the way out.
Being able to check my email 
from where I was made me smile.
And I finally got it!
In this day and age phones are suppose
to do way more than make calls and send texts.
First it started with looking for
soundboards for ringtones.

Google play store is like a playground.
My phone is fun with a capital F.
Here are a list of my favorite
 FREE apps you should check out!

KID'S SHELL

First if you have kids and you let them use your phone.
You need to download Kids Shell.
This app has been a lifesaver.
Any time I let Mighty M play 
a game on my phone I would end up with
new apps downloaded. 
Or he would end up in a area he wasn't
suppose to be.
Kid's Shell lets you set up a locked kids area.
You put all your kid friendly apps, 
and they are locked in.
You set it with one push of a button.
So it is easy to set it on kids mode and then hand him the phone.
You can add as many apps as you like.
Also when those annoying ads pop up.
If he hits them.
It tells him he is not allowed.
A picture of a house appears and when he 
hits the pic it takes him page to 
his kiddy apps page.
It is adorable watching him 
hopping around from app to app.
He loves it and I can let him play his games
without worries.
To close the shell it involves some math.


Pose with Puss in Boots 
A really fun app that both of kids love! 
It is so much more than just posing.
On the home screen of the app.

Hit Puss's sword and the phone
turns into a sword and you can hear the 
clashing of swords.
Touch his boots and he will dance for you.
Touch his face and he will let his
inner kitty out and follow the light.
You can also go to collections
where each item has a Puss saying.

Booth is where you can add your
favorite characters from the movie to your photos.


Click the go up button and it will 
take you up the beanstalk where you 
can record yourself talking and 
then it plays back with a silly helium voice.
 The graphics are great just like the movie.
Very impressed with this app.

LISTIA

My husband and I are highly 
addicted to this site.
So having a app that gives a way to bid
on items on the go is great.
It is also a little dangerous.
I have found myself pull into Walgreens
parking lot a few times throwing down bids.
One auction was ending at 6 am.
My husband picked up my phone 
and threw down a bid from bed.
End result he won a $100 movie projector
for free and while he was in bed.
Once you have the app you get notifications
straight from Listia.
Watchlist updates, feedback given, and 
comments on your auctions.
Having this app saves me a lot of time.
I don't need to check my computer I have 
all the info I need right on my phone.
It is all the same info from the site 
just shrunken down to fit on the phone.

To get the app you need to sign up on the site first.
The app is great and makes this site even better!


Potty Time

I have had the potty training blues for months now.
Mighty M is so close but not quite there.
I did a search for potty training.
Potty Time popped up.
It is from the people that do Signing time.
I read the description.
It looked good, had the things I was looking for.
Sticker chart, games, book.
Even a phone call from Rachel.

It was like night and day.
Once I introduced Mighty M 
to Potty Time he was excited about going.
The sticker chart has five different stickers.

You can buy a add on pack for  99 cents.
We just stuck with the basic five.
Which he loves, his face lights up when
he puts a new sticker on his chart.
It also lets you fill up more than just one page
full so your child can see all their accomplishments.
Once your child gets 16 stickers it opens up a new video.
It comes with one free video and then the one 
you unlock the others you have to buy.
But Mighty M is happy with the 2 free ones.
Rachel uses sign language in her videos.
And my little man is now signing to me imitating her.
The phone call from Rachel is a big hit too.
You hit call Rachel.

The phone starts ringing and they hit answer.
She praises them and tells them to call her next time.
Not only does my little guy want to put 
a sticker on his chart but he wants to call Rachel.
He smiles so big when she calls him a shining star.
The game is a fun match game.

Easy for the little ones potty themed.
Hopkin uses the potty is the book is adorable.

It talks about how he is nervous to let his diapers go.
And sometimes he will have accidents.
Listening to his body and keeping dry pants.
Mighty M can now recite this to me word for word.
And I am proud to say he is a potty super star!
No more diapers here only big boy undies.
This app has really helped and
I highly recommend it for anyone that is potty training!


PEGLAND

I love Peggle.
I was beyond excited when I found
Pegland which is the same as peggle
just without the characters.
It is just as addictive too.
The objective it to clear all the pink pegs
before you run out of balls.
The graphics are nice  with fantasy backgrounds.
Since it is touch screen it is a bit different than playing it
on my laptop but still lots of fun.


There is missions that get you bonus points.
You can play in Voyage mode 
or Clean sweep mode.

I have not played this as much as I would like to.
But I am very excited to have it 
and play it whenever I want to.
Miss Blue likes this game a lot too.


Pocoyo Talks
A lot of the apps on my phone are for kids.
Hey I have two small ones and these apps 
will keep them occupied, learning and having fun.
Tickle his belly and he will laugh.
Touch his head and he will flip and spin on it.
Touch his feet and he will dance.
Music mode lets the kids 
play 5 different kinds of instruments.

Mighty M loves playing this also the 
guess the animal game.
Pocoyo also has a dance mode.
You can't help but love this app
Pocoyo is just too adorable.

Kids Bubble School for Toddlers
My kids love bubbles.
I downloaded this one simply because
I knew the whole bubble factor would  be a sure win.
The graphics are bright and great quality.
The free version only has animals, lowercase letters and colors.

Full version has more categories.
My three year old actually requested we bought it so he could 
have the rest of the categories.
The idea is simple bubbles are 
floating with pictures in them.
There is learn mode, play mode and bubble pop.

Learn mode the word is above the bubble
with the picture in it.
Play mode your child has to hit 
the bubble with the right animal or color.
It keeps score and flowers fill up on the top of the screen.

Bubble pop mode is just that popping bubbles.
This app is simple but lots of fun for the little ones.
It is so cute when I ask Mighty M what he is doing,
and his reply is "playing kids bubble school."

The list goes on but that will have to wait for another time.
And yes a lot of my apps are for the 
kids but if the kids are happy, Mommys happy!
It's dinner time, so I have to go!
Do you have a app that you love?
Please share it below.

Thanks for stopping by The Dollhouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment