Friday, September 7, 2012

L.D.D Halloween costume contest

It is the time of year for the annual 
Living Dead Dolls Halloween
costume contest.
This will be their 12th year doing it.

This contest is open world wide to 
all the bois and ghouls.
Rules are easy 
dress up as your favorite doll
from series 1-24, exclusives,rag dolls,
plush's, fashion victims even pencil sharpeners.
You can enter as many times as you want.
Winner is chosen by the Mezco crew.
They look for doll authenticity and atmosphere.
All entry's should be sent to
contest@livingdeaddolls.com 
Deadline for entries is midnight Nov 2nd.

They will pick their 4 favorite 
from all the entry's.
Winners will receive one randomly
selected Resurrection VI Variant.
Winners will be chosen the third week
of November and posted on



My sweet Blue actually won
in 2009.
You can check her out on the 
Living Dead Dolls website.

We had a lot of fun getting her dressed up
and having a spooky photo shoot.
My hubby even entered!
He dressed as Mucumba.
He was very dedicated to this costume.
Had me paint his whole face and body 
with brown latex.
He hand sewed his outfit and doll too.

Honestly I think he was a
 little bummed he didn't win.
But we both were super excited that Blue won.
I just love this pic, she looks perfectly creepy.
I went for the front porch cause the doll she
was dressed like is a little trick or treat girl.
It only took a few shots to get the ONE!
I had gone to the thrift shop and
 picked up a extra large woman's shirt.
Cut it up and sewed it together to make the 
little pink jump suit.
It wasn't perfect but she fit in it  
and it gave us the costume
she needed for Squeak!.

So what did she win???
The most prized doll of our collection.

Resurrection 3 - Sheena (VARIANT)



There was only 75 of these sets made world wide.
And her eyes are glass!
I love her and I think it is perfect
that she has blue eyes and hair.
I like to think the boys at Mezco did that on 
purpose since I entered her pic as Miss Blue.
She was so excited!!!!
I seriously was jumping up and down when I got
the email I was kinda in disbelief.
I have been a collector of these dolls
for years! 


But this just shows you any one can win.
Just be creative and have fun with it.
I don't think we will be entering this year.
We have another pageant in the midst.
But maybe next year for sure.
I know Miss Blue loved dressing
up as one of Mommy's dolls.
I am thinking next year she will dress up as Ava.

The main reason I wanted Ava so bad
is cause I thought she looked 
so much like Blue.

If you enter or going to I would love to see some pics! 
=)

Don't forget send your entry to

contest@livingdeaddolls.com 
Deadline for entries is midnight Nov 2nd.

Also a fun little custom doll contest is going on...

Go check them out...
http://livingdeaddolls.us/index.php/2012-Living-Dead-Dolls-Custom-Contest

4 comments: