Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pumpkin Brownies

I have a box of brownie mix but no oil.
Awhile back I read that you can use pumpkin
instead of oil of butter.
I just happen to have a can of 100% pumpkin.

I am going to put this recipe to the test.
It said all you do is mix the brownie mix and 
pumpkin together.

Cutting out the eggs, milk, oil.
Mixing till it turns into a batter,
I used the pumpkin can and filled 
about  half of it with water.
To  water down the mix a bit.
Sprayed my pie dish, poured batter in.
Put in the oven at 350 for about 30 mins.


Now I warn you these don't have 
the brownie texture.
They are a bit more gooey not really cake like,
but they are delicious.
The mix of chocolate, walnuts and pumpkin 
was defiantly a tasty one.
 The kiddos loved them too.
I was a bit nervous I mean they were 
expecting a real brownie.
All I got though was Mommy this is SO GOOD!

By using the pumpkin you are adding
a whole bunch of great things,
turning brownies into 
a healthy snack.
Loaded with an important antioxidant, beta-carotene.
Calories -49
Protein 2 grams
Carbohydrate 12 grams
Dietary Fiber 3 grams
Calcium 37 mg
Iron 1.4 mg
Magnesium 22 mg
Potassium 564 mg
Zinc 1 mg
Selenium .50 mg
Niacin 21 mg
Folic acid 21 mcg
Vitamin A 2650 IU
Vitamin E 3 mg

  • When no butter or milk is added to it, pumpkin is virtually a fat-free food, with only 0.2 grams of fat per 1-cup serving.
    And to be honest I am a sucker for pumpkin.
    My absolute favorite dessert is pumpkin pie.
    But knowing I can get the same great flavor in my brownies.
    I am going to stock up on cans of pumpkin this season.
    Now this brownie would have been the
    perfect healthy snack if only 
    I wasn't out of Turmeric...
    Give it a try!
    They are PUMPKINTASTIC!




No comments:

Post a Comment